Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Food Waste Friday #1

It didnt post on Friday guess  so here in my first Food Waste Friday

While searching around online I found this sight http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/
She had a posting about listing what she had wasted in previous 7 days.   I was intrigued.  I am always wanting ways to live more frugally.    Posting along with the others will hopefully keep me from forgetting about what is in the fridge.  

This week I do have to say was a good week - I have know for awhile that I was going to be away at the beginning of the month so I have tried to eat all leftovers.  BUT I did have a Yuckie moment when I went to open the sour cream that I had in the fridge.  It wasn't salvageable.  Normally I would mix it 50/50 with water and make a sour milk bread. 

With last nights dinner I had fixed some rice.  So I had my hot rice for breakfast

Hot Rice 'Cereal'

Left over rice
Sugar/honey to taste
Milk
Dried Fruit - I like raisins or cherries

Mix all ingredients and warm on stove or in microwave.  
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment